- Case Studies
Passionate about natural resource management
Natural Resource Management has been a passion of Red Ochre Director, Adrian Azzari-Colley, for many years.
Red Ochre has seen natural resource management act as a natural entry point for many Aboriginal people into the workforce or into enterprise development and has used it as a tool for involving community and business groups in work and development.
Our experience includes:
- Working with Newmont Mining and the Traditional Owners of the Wiluna area in 2002-2005 to develop an exciting and profitable seed collection business.
- Working closely with local Noongar community as Senior Mentor to the Kondinin Noongar Plant Nursery, assisting them to win contracts supplying local seedlings to Landcare projects throughout the region.
- Hands on experience harvesting and supplying native seed to some of the major seed retailers in WA including Tranen and Nindethana.
- Holding an Executive Membership role in the Revegetation Industry Association of WA for a number of years.
- Supporting social enterprise at Leschenault Community Nursery. Adrian joined in 2007 as a board member to assist the board to enhance their enterprise base. By 2012, and as outgoing Chair, Adrian was elated profitability had increased considerably. The Leschenault Community Nursery is a vibrant community project staffed by volunteers with production levels reaching 150,000 seedlings annually. It is an excellent example of social enterprise at work.
- Supporting the Leschenault Catchment Council in 2013 where Adrian is an active contributor to policy and strategy formulation.
- Phone: (08) 9791-2768
MAKE AN ENQUIRY